Walmart is one of the largest online marketplaces that provide opportunities to aspiring entrepreneurs and their clients wishing to choose the best options from an assortment of products and services. The platform has some useful embedded features and tools for building strong relationships with customers and shaping a loyal clientele. But you must know how to leverage those tools to boost your brand authority.
These officially approved Walmart methods can increase feedback and encourage product reviews.
Customer Product Reviews are written by customers like you who want to share their opinion about products they’ve purchased from Walmart. Walmart employees can also share their opinions, their reviews can be identified by the Walmart Associate label.
The purpose of this feature is to help you make more informed purchasing decisions. We invite you to share your own opinions, tips, and suggestions by rating and reviewing the products you own.
Whether your experience with the product was positive or not, honest opinions allow all shoppers on Walmart.com to benefit by reading about others’ experience with a product. Sharing varieties of item-focused opinions make this feature as useful as it can be for everyone.
How important are reviews in eCommerce?
- Gaining 50 or more reviews per product can result in a 4.6% increase in conversion rates.
- More than half of all customers are more likely to make a purchase from websites that support user reviews.
- Reviews produce approximately 18% more sales.
- If you have 4 or more negative articles about your company on the first page of search, you risk losing 70% of would-be customers.
- 94% of people have avoided a business due to an online review.
- Consumers read an average of 7 reviews before trusting a business.
In 2016, Walmart had more than 16 million products for sale, and that number has only grown over the years. To reach Walmart’s 110 million unique visitors, you’ll need every competitive edge you can get. Walmart reviews can play a key role in increasing profits from your eCommerce business, while maintaining a healthy brand perception.
What Walmart Reviews Can Do For You?
- Every customer review serves a purpose and matters a lot. Reviews can:
- Assure other shoppers about product quality.
- Push potential buyers to purchase your product.
- Convince buyers to purchase your product over others.
- Boost the conversion rates.
- Increase your sales and revenue.
- Works like a word-of-mouth strategy.
Tips for getting positive customer feedback
If you run a Walmart online store, you can use various authorized methods for encouraging customers to post positive reviews. Let’s consider the most efficient ones.
1. Provide outstanding customer experiences
When it comes to online selling success, there is no substitute for excellent customer experience and high-quality products. Fast delivery, secure packaging and competitive pricing will encourage your customers to give positive feedback and make future purchases.
2. Respond to negative reviews
Negative reviews can be harmful to business, so it is important to restore trust by providing professional seller responses to negative reviews.
How to handle negative reviews:
- Respond quickly
- Acknowledge errors
- Highlight your strengths
- Offer restitution
- Ask customers to share feedback
3. Attach a request for a review to each product sold
This should stimulate your clients to share their impressions. Be sure to provide detailed instructions on how feedback can be posted and what criteria it should comply with. You can also encourage buyer feedback by offering a gift or a discount on future purchases in exchange for comments.
4. Provide A Great Customer Experience
A majority of bad reviews involve customers feeling misinformed about a particular product. Hence, as a seller, it is important to be honest and straightforward about what you are selling. You should provide precise and much accurate information to avoid false expectations or confusions.
5. Do The Email Follow-up Sequences Correctly
Email follow-up sequences or more popularly known as “drip campaigns.” They work the best if set and done right. They include a series of messages (maybe combined with attractive images) that are sent to the customers periodically if they had taken some actions in the past.
They are one of the fastest, efficient, and easiest ways to acquire more reviews on Walmart. Much like product inserts, one of the main objectives of a good email follow-up sequence is to give value to the customers.
To obtain more reviews on Walmart using emails, ensure that you adhere to the guidelines listed below:
- Keep it simple
- Get creative with subject lines
- Writing style that suits your audience
- Prevent them from spamming your emails
6. Answer Customer Queries
If you haven’t paid attention to those Customer Questions on product pages yet, it isn’t too late. You will understand how important “customer engagement” is for your business.
Like most review platforms, even Bazaarvoice offers the feature of question-and-answer and this is already integrated on Walmart.
This is the section where customers ask questions about the product and the sellers answer them. However, this isn’t limited to sellers alone. They can even be answered by any previous purchaser or any random person who has better understanding about the item.
According to a study done by Bazaarvoice, a product sees an average conversion boost of 98% when potential buyers engage in the Q&A section. Customers truly value the knowledge shared by other customers and sellers.
Product Review Guidelines
Please keep in mind the following guidelines when reviewing a product. Clear and specific feedback ensures your review is posted for others’ benefit. Reviews must be submitted in English and meet all of the following guidelines:
- Focus on the product and your experience using it.
- Provide specific details about what you did or did not like about the product.
We reserve the right not to post a product review if it contains any of the following:
- Obscenities, defamatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum.
- Prices, advertisements, content considered as spam, or references to other products, offers, websites, or competitors.
- Email addresses, phone numbers, links to websites, physical addresses, or other forms of contact information.
- Critical or spiteful comments about other reviews or reviewers posted on the product details page.
Undeniably, reviews and ratings are one of the most crucial elements that pave the path for purchase. Since every product page on Walmart includes a “customers reviews” section, shoppers find them convenient in making their buying decisions.
You will be surprised to read the fact that out of three, one won’t even consider seeing a product if it doesn’t have any review. Customer reviews and ratings only influence the online sales but increase credibility for a brand. A majority of shoppers read reviews and ratings before making a purchase in-store.